If you’re looking to come up with creative gift ideas for a particular friend, family member or colleague who has a personal passion for astronomy, you’ve come to the right place. There is a wide range of gifts you could give to an astronomy lover in your life. The possibilities are endless, from something as simple as star-printed shirts to a telescope.
However, we have come up with the 3 best gifts you could give an astronomy lover, which will likely leave them speechless and in awe. However, before we dive into the gift ideas, let’s analyze their particular likes and dislikes. As you may already know, astronomy studies all aspects of the universe beyond Earth’s atmosphere. Therefore, celestial objects are a major part of astronomy.
Luckily, the sun, the moon, and the stars are very appealing to look at and, therefore, can be derived into an array of creative gift ideas. Since these wonders are commonly used as compliments, there is glamour attached to them, which can be expanded upon when deciding on a particular gift idea. Therefore, let’s look at some that guarantee to put a smile on any astronomy lover’s face.
Gift Ideas For Astronomy Admirers
Although gift ideas for astronomy admirers can cover up an entire universe (pun intended), we aimed to dig deep into the top 3 ideas to ensure complete awe and surprise for the receiver. Therefore, our list consists of the following ideas:
1. Name A Star After Them
Yes, you read it right. You can, indeed, name a star after a person, and this is likely to be the most thoughtful, wonderful gift that you could ever give! This may sound expensive or complicated but let us assure you, it is an immensely simple process that can be easily completed online. The process is fairly simple and consists of the following steps:
- Opt For A Package: Once you’ve found a star naming service, choose a package that aligns with your budget. The minimum package to name a star after someone begins at 34.99 dollars and increases depending on your chosen package
- Choose A Star: After choosing a package, you will have the option of choosing a star of your own choice. We recommend choosing one that is either visible to you or corresponds to a specific date or location. Make the implication as thoughtful as possible
- Give It A Name: As you fill in the order form, type in the star’s name. Since there are no limitations, you can be creative, or you could dedicate the entire name to the receiver. It could also be an event, inside joke, location, or even two names together
- Choose A Date: Your star also needs to have a date. Therefore, you can opt for any date that holds significance to you and the gift receiver
- Customize Your Gift: Star naming services also offer features for personalizing your gift. Therefore, you can get a photograph of the coordinates of the star printed on a product of your liking
- Acquire The Gift: Once your order details are confirmed, all package items, including the star certificate, will be delivered to you
Therefore, this simple gift idea will surely leave the gift receiver in shock, awe, and admiration.
2. Customized Night Sky Star Map
Another immensely creative gift idea is to get a customized night sky star map. Any gift customized according to the receiver, their likes, experiences, or your relationship with them is bound to have a wonderful implication. Therefore, this map shows how the night sky looked on a specific date from a particular location.
Therefore, if you wish to mark an anniversary date, a birthday or any life-changing event by giving it a tangible meaning, this night sky star map can act as the perfect reminder of a magical date. The process is fairly simple. All you need to do is enter the time, date, and location, and the service will generate a unique night sky image for that specific moment. Moreover, you can customize this map according to your liking by altering its color, borders, and other styles.
3. Astronomy Binoculars
Let’s not miss out on the wonders that are astronomy binoculars. These are a Godsend for anyone interested in astronomy and make the perfect alternative to telescopes. These are a more convenient and portable alternative and are ideal for everyday use if you wish to scan the sky to get a closer look at the celestial objects present.
Besides being a more convenient alternative to telescopes, these are also much cheaper and easier on the pocket. They have wonderful viewing power and aid in providing adequate views of space objects and planets, depending on the version you opt for.
Therefore, if you’re closely associated with an astronomy lover, you’re in luck! There is a range of deeply thoughtful and aesthetically pleasing gifts that you can provide them with to leave them feeling blessed to have you. Thus, let your loved one enjoy the wonders of having a star named after them, reliving a particular moment repeatedly through a star map or enjoying the wonder of space from the comfort of their home using the best astronomy binoculars.
- About the Author
Alex Grigoryan is a Professional Home Improvement and Lifestyle Writer. He has been in the industry for over 6 years and has been writing for Chique Home Living since 2019. His work has been featured in prestigious blogs such as Spruce Home, Better Homes & Garden, and more.