A luxurious living space requires an excellent layout for maneuverability and comfort. And armchairs and sofas are an essential part of your living space layout. They must be arranged in such a way that they create the perfect living space layout irrespective of the size of the room or your budget.
It’s better to start with the larger pieces before fixing the smaller pieces. Part of the things to consider includes movement paths and space restrictions. In this article, we’ve made available some layout ideas for your living space.
Image source: 1825 Interiors
Ideas for cozy living room layout with armchairs and sofas:
1. Two chairs and one sofa
This layout is ideal for both the big and small living spaces. Just put two chairs and a sofa around a small table. The chairs can be placed opposite the sofa to ensure easier communication between you and your guests. If your living room is spacious enough, you can select bigger armchairs for more comfort. But if it is limited space, you can choose chairs featuring slimmer designs.
- Optimize your small living space with two chairs and a sofa around a coffee table. It is simple but perfect.
- Get better comfort by placing two armchairs and a sofa in the living room.
2. Angled armchairs with a sofa
This living room layout is similar to the “two chairs and one sofa” layout we explained. Instead of putting the chairs opposite your sofa, you can put them in an angled position, just across the sofa. This is a suitable layout for a room with limited spaces. It can also be used to ensure the natural flow of movement.
- Save space by placing your armchairs in angled positions directly opposite the sofa.
- Enhance your living space decoration and make it more attractive by slightly tilting your armchairs in angled positions.
3. A sofa with bench and chairs
This is the perfect layout for a big living space featuring an open-plan style. You can create a borderline vision between your living space and other house areas with the bench. You can also use the bench to accommodate extra guests during occasions or visits.
- Add a bench to complement your chairs and sofas in your living space, particularly if it’s an open-plan decor. This bench serves as the room divider.
- Chairs and long sofas are perfect for your living space decoration. However, you can include one bench as an extra seat for guests. This makes it more comfortable.
4. Two chairs and one sectional sofa
One sectional sofa can accommodate more people in a medium or small space. You can add two more chairs to make the living room bigger. All you just need to do is position the chairs opposite the sofa. You can also place the chairs in angled corners. This position is similar to the second living room layout above.
You can apply these layouts to living rooms of different types and sizes. You should optimize your seating capacity by utilizing these layouts. They also help you create a luxurious area for entertaining your guests.