Many people begin to see signs of aging around their eyes. Fine lines and wrinkles, along with bags, can make a person look older and tired. Eyelid surgery allows individuals to overcome their wrinkles and sagging skin. Before seeking surgery, there are some things individuals need to know.
What Is Eyelid Surgery?
Eyelid surgery, formally called blepharoplasty, is a cosmetic surgical procedure used to improve the appearance of the eye. It can also be carried out for non-cosmetic reasons, such as when a person’s sagging eyelids interfere with their ability to see correctly. This procedure is carried out by Plastic Surgeons.
5 Things Individuals Need to Know About Eyelid Surgery
Individuals need to be highly educated on what to expect from their eyelid surgery. It is important individuals carry out research to learn as much as possible about their options. Considering the following will help individuals be prepared for their surgical procedure.
- It is important a person is deemed a good candidate for eyelid surgery. Individuals should be in good health and have realistic expectations for the outcome. Consulting with a surgeon is important.
- Individuals need to be aware of any downtime associated with their procedure. Knowing how long they will be out of work or be unable to drive will assist individuals in preparing.
- A person who is undergoing eyelid surgery will typically be sent home the same day to recover. Individuals should plan on having someone drive them home and stay with them for the first twenty-four hours following their surgery.
- Individuals also need to be aware of the risks involved in having eyelid surgery. As with any surgical procedure, there is always some degree of risk. Being aware of the risks is essential for making a sound decision.
- Many people are unaware blepharoplasty does not remove crow’s feet. While it dramatically improves the appearance of the eye area, it is not used to remove crow’s feet.
Being aware of all the details of eyelid surgery will help individuals to avoid unexpected issues. Being prepared makes the process of recovery much easier.
The First Step Is a Consultation
The first step for getting started with blepharoplasty is scheduling a consultation appointment. During this appointment, the individual will be examined and learn if they are a good candidate for the procedure. The individual will also learn what they can expect from the surgery and information on the expected outcome.
Individuals should be in good health and should not be smokers. After the surgery, it is essential for individuals to follow their doctor’s orders explicitly so they can avoid any unwanted problems with the healing process.
Get Started Today
Those who are tired of saggy, wrinkled eyelids need to learn about eyelid surgery. This cosmetic procedure can be used to help turn back the hands of the clock and make a person look much younger.
Choosing the right surgeon is one of the most important decisions a person will need to make when seeking eyelid surgery. The right surgeon will perform the surgery and ensure every detail is taken care of throughout the recovery process.
Anyone interested in having this surgery carried out needs to schedule a consultation first. After the consultation appointment, the surgeon will schedule the surgery. Eyelid surgery is often done in a doctor’s office, but it may also be performed in a hospital or surgery center.
Alex Grogoyan is a Professional Home Improvement and Lifestyle Writer. He has been in the industry for over 6 years and has been writing for Chique Home Living since 2019. His work has been featured in popular platforms such as Spruce Home, Better Homes & Garden, and more.