Like kings and queens, cats love cleanliness. Study shows that cats spend more than 50% of the time in self-gloominess. Nature has also blessed the cats with intrinsic behavior and physical features that help them to clean themselves. The cat’s tongue is barbed that helps it to clean off food, odor, and pests, and very seldom you will notice that the cats need to be bathed.
Cat cleanliness can be further enhanced by training your cat to use the litter box. Sometimes it is noticed that cats tend to carry and spread the litter all over the house with their paws. Admit it, the dogs too, like eating cat poop and as they consider it cat food.
If you have a cat and a dog in your house it is very likely that your dog will follow this dreadful ordeal. Parents can go here to find litter boxes to stay safe from a lot of poop mess.
Reasons Why Litter Box is A Must
- The Desire for a Clean Space: Cats tend to do their business in clean places in the house. As it corresponds to their intrinsic nature of being a clean animal. This is good for cats, but bad for the homeowner, as you’re clean spots in the house are in danger of litter attack.
- Prevent Litter Tracking: Cat owners often criticize that the cats for spreading the litter all over the house. Poor cats do not do this intentionally as the litter gets stick on their paws. Use of litter box with litter mats can somewhat control the spread.
- Protect Your Toddlers: Finding cat litter in the house is common. Children have exploring nature. They love to pick and check things. They are at great risk of eating cat litter. Parents must be careful regarding this, and the use of a cat litter box is highly recommended if you have toddlers in your house.
- Keeps the Litter In: Cats love to dig as if they are on the quest to find a buried treasure. But very often cats only pile up litter, and spread it all around. A litter box helps to hold the litter in a confined space, which can be disposed of later, away from your cat’s reach.
- Helps to Retain the Odor: The litter box helps to hold the odor in the box, rather than letting it wafted all around the house. This is also helpful for the cats as it will help them to enjoy odor-free poop. Pretty much the same as humans.
- Self-Cleanliness: Some litter boxes even come with self-cleaning mechanisms that automatically dispose of litter, giving you complete freedom of mind for litter cleaning.
- Makes the cat Healthy: Doctors recommend that clean and odor-free litter boxes are a good way to check cat toilet problems. As it trains your cat with good and clean habits, it can have a positive effect on cats’ physical and mental health.
- Checks the Dog Habits: Since you are disposing of the cat litter, your dog will not be able to find cat litter to eat. If not controlled, continuous poop eating can lead to an infection or disease.
Getting one is Highly Recommended
The use of cat litter boxes has shown great results for cat parents along with maintaining a healthy lifestyle for your pets (both cats and dogs). Moreover, it will also help to keep your house clean and odor-free. Although it takes some time to train the cat to use the litter box, once done, it is absolute gold.