Choosing a new fence might appear to be quite a difficult task, and this is true, at least to begin with. This is true regardless of whether your current fence is broken and needs to be replaced or whether you are simply looking to modernise the appearance of your outdoor space.
Familiarise yourself with your choices and determine which kind of fencing is available to you, and you’ll find that the task isn’t nearly as intimidating as it first appeared. There isn’t much complexity involved.
One of these alternatives is composite fencing, which many homeowners like over traditional wood panels for their fences. Continue reading this article to learn what composite fencing is, its benefits and drawbacks, and everything else you need to know about it. Is it possible that composite fencing is the best option for your outside area?
What is composite fencing?
Composite fencing presents a novel method for safeguarding your border, in contrast to the standard fence panels typically seen in gardens over a few decades old.
Composite fencing is constructed from plastic and wood fibers (typically recycled plastic). While the plastic component contributes remarkable strength to a solution that will last longer, the natural and genuine appearance of the wood’s grain is preserved.
How is Composite Fencing made?
Similar to other varieties of fencing, composite fencing is comprised of two or more individual components that are joined together. Wood and plastic are combined with resin to form the primary components, contributing to the product’s exceptional durability.
Everything is produced by being squeezed in molds with great pressure. The vast majority of Composite is composed almost entirely of recycled materials. For instance, wood might be made from scraps left over from factories or mills. Bags and mugs used only once can be recycled into plastic. As a result, composite material is also good for the environment and beneficial to the ecology.
Wood lends an elegant appearance to the composite fencing, while plastic will contribute to the material’s overall longevity. You can have it in a variety of color configurations to choose from. The grain pattern that resembles wood is consistently one of the most sought-after. It is ideal for people who want something that looks natural yet simultaneously has a high level of endurance.
Maintaining Composite vs Maintaining wood material
As was alluded to in the previous sentence, composite fencing requires very little in the way of upkeep. The only thing it needs is some high-pressure cleaning once a year. Because of its durability, it will hold up well against all types of weather.
Compared to the wood alternative, you won’t have to deal with any issues with termites. Because it is so long-lasting, most manufacturers will stand by it with a guarantee against flaws for at least 20 years.
When we talk about maintenance, wooden fencing requires a little more T.L.C. than other types. At least once every six months, a pressure cleaning should be performed. Make sure your fence has been well shampooed with a specialized wood cleanser such as Mold armor before you use a power washer to clean it.
It aids in preventing mold and mildew from attacking it, which is a benefit. When you see that your typical cleaning methods are no longer effective, it is time to repaint and repair the surface. Typically requires replacement every three to five years.
The pros and cons of composite fencing
- Long-lasting — Wood panels that have been strengthened with plastic, will have a life expectancy that is substantially greater than that of conventional timber panels. Because composite fencing is exceptionally long-lasting and sturdy, you can be sure it won’t fail you.
- Sustainable: Because composite fence lasts longer than other types, it requires fewer replacement panels over time, so there is less demand for cutting down trees to supply the replacement panels. In addition, recycled plastic is frequently used in the production of composite fencing.
- Mold and rot resistance – Because of the plastic that makes up its composition, composite fencing is exceptionally resistant to mould and decay.
- Natural wood finish – If the natural beauty of traditional panels is what attracts you to them, you won’t be disappointed with the range of available composite possibilities. Choose from several different finishes to achieve the aesthetic you want for your fence, whether you want something more contemporary or more conventional.
- Composite fence panels, in contrast to traditional fence panels, require very little or even none of the upkeep that traditional fence panels do. Repairing fences are no longer necessary because there is no possibility of the composite material splitting or splintering.
- Installation that is quick and simple composite fencing is not only lightweight but also very easy to deal with.
- Initial expenses – With so many advantages in recommending a composite fence, there had to be a catch, which was the initial cost.
- Traditional softwood fencing solutions are typically more affordable than composite fencing, which can be more expensive. Nevertheless, this is not a reason for you to lose hope. When the costs of maintaining a less dependable choice over time are factored in, the more expensive composite fence is typically a better investment throughout its lifetime.
How long will a composite fence last?
A composite fence is a product that will last for a long time and perform in a manner comparable to that of the composite decking goods with which we are getting more familiar these days. When you invest in composite fencing, you can anticipate a lifespan of at least 15 years.
To create the ideal atmosphere for enjoying “life outdoors,” you might consider installing composite fencing around your entertaining outdoor spot.
Composite Fence Installation
Many different composite fence products are available, each of which has its own set of recommendations regarding installing the fence properly.
The installation of composite fencing from Luxury Screens U.K. is a simple process. Installing your composite fence panels requires only one set of hands and very little time if you arrange the composite boards in a stacked orientation and use composite boards. Stack each composite panel on top of the previous one, working your way up from the bottom. They are made simple to install and fit snugly, making them an ideal complement to the fence post system offered by Luxury Screens U.K.
The composite boards from Luxury Screens U.K. are an ideal choice for constructing a fence because they do not rot and do not require any maintenance. Enjoy a composite fence that will last many years after a simple installation using our fence post system from Luxury Screens U.K.
Why not take some time today to learn more about luxuryscreens.co.uk or get in touch with our knowledgeable team for assistance? We are always happy to provide answers to any queries you may have, and we would be delighted to walk you through the Luxury Screens U.K. composite fence system.
- About the Author
Alex Grigoryan is a Professional Home Improvement and Lifestyle Writer. He has been in the industry for over 6 years and has been writing for Chique Home Living since 2019. His work has been featured in prestigious blogs such as Spruce Home, Better Homes & Garden, and more.