Cowhide rugs: these products combine natural beauty, strength, and tenderness. Carpets made of skin today have become a great alternative to traditional, classic carpets. Since ancient times, cow skins have decorated a person’s home. Today, designers often use natural cowhide rugs to decorate modern interiors.
Due to the natural properties of the skins, they are durable, perfectly retain color, and are not subject to abrasion. The range of cow skins is diverse: natural and colored, embossed with crocodile and giraffe, painted with zebra, tiger, leopard, trimmed with gold and silver, single-course and carpets made from several skins, as well as the skin of wild animals.
It’s important to notice that the skin of each animal has an individual natural color. The placement, size of color, and tone spots, the overall contour of the skin may differ. They look presentable and exotic, give warmth and comfort to the house. These are universal products that will suit any style solutions in the interior retro, classic, modern, country, and others.
Cowhide rugs in the interior
Cowhide is a stylish accessory that successfully combines natural beauty and strength. This is an ideal option for arranging a modern and cozy atmosphere. The skins of cows fit harmoniously into the premises. They are widely used in the interior. Let’s list the common options:
- Panel-a whole skin or a complex composition is hung on the wall, sewn from individual pieces, and decorated with rhinestones. The original panel transforms the room and brings unusual notes to it.
- Cowhide on the floor – it’s nice to walk barefoot and sit with a book in your hands. The product is placed in front of the fireplace or near the TV. The soft carpet contributes to the creation of a romantic atmosphere that disposes to rest. It is as if he invites you to spend the evening by candlelight and with a glass of wine.
- Blankets and bedspreads are practical products that are indispensable in the cold season. They can be hidden while sitting in an armchair or on the sofa. Blankets and bedspreads made of natural material look chic and make the room cozy.
- Furniture upholstery designers use skins to create exclusive interior items. Sofas, armchairs, and dining chairs are upholstered with natural material. The furniture looks luxurious and has a special appeal.
- Cushion covers – great products are made from cowhide. Fur pillows fill the interior with warmth, softness, and tranquility. The color variety of the covers is wonderful. You can buy pillows made of a material painted in red, light beige, orange, black or dark brown.
- The ceiling cladding is an outrageous design move. This option is suitable for people who love extraordinary solutions.
Also, branded manufacturers make carpets from cow skins. For this purpose, separate scraps are used, which are combined into one canvas. The products are sewn by hand. Masters combine shades and create carpets that have an elegant appearance.
The skin of cows is a nice gift for a housewarming or for another solemn event. It has a silky texture and beautiful coloring. This is a decorative detail that emphasizes the originality of the interior.
Advantages of decorative skins
Cowhide is an innovation in the market of floor coverings. It symbolizes elegance, aristocracy, and prosperity. The product looks presentable and has a pleasant texture to the touch. The coating is suitable for various interiors, whether it is classic, eclectic or modern.
Products made from natural raw materials are characterized by significant advantages:
- Durability- the skins have a dense pile that does not crumble over time. Floor coverings serve for a long time without changing their operational properties;
- Hypoallergenic- the products do not cause health problems;
- Glossy shine and natural radiance;
- High quality- manufacturers carefully dress the skin using advanced technologies;
- The skin undergoes special treatment, thanks to which it does not slip on the floor;
- Stylish appearance – products with natural color (black and white, red or with brown spots) are on sale. You can also buy skins for the floor, stylized as a tiger, zebra, cheetah, and giraffe. Leading manufacturers use screen printing and laser processing.
Recommendations for cleaning and caring
A vacuum cleaner can be used to remove dust and small objects from the carpet made of skins, but you should not use a washing vacuum cleaner.
It is recommended to turn the carpet from time to time (for uniform wear of the product). It is allowed to wipe the carpet (smoothly, in the direction of wool growth) with a slightly damp (but not wet) cloth, a weak solution of liquid soap and water.
Do not wet the cowhide carpet and do not wash it in the washing machine.
It is best to use the services of a specialized dry cleaning service. It is possible to use a brush with hard plastic bristles, which allows you to keep the pile soft, fluffy and removes dirt well.
In case of contamination of the carpet with such difficult-to-remove substances as wine, coffee, tea, juice, food, soup, etc., it is necessary to immediately blot the contamination with a sponge or paper towel, and then give the product to the dry cleaner.
It is possible to remove hard materials from a cowhide carpet by scraping with the blunt edge of a knife, in the direction of wool growth. Then you need to wipe the stain with a damp cloth or sponge soaked in a weak soap solution.
In the end, you need to wipe the place of contamination with a damp cloth soaked in vinegar solution in the proportion: 5% vinegar and 95% water ( this will help eliminate unpleasant odors).
When cleaning the carpet, do not use detergents or chemicals, bleach, you can not rub hard, and use a brush.
It should be avoided that the carpet made of skins remains wet for a long time. It is possible to dry the carpet in the sun, but it is recommended to do this only with the reverse side.
It is necessary to store carpets made of skins in a rolled-up state in a dry and well-ventilated room. It is undesirable to store the carpet in a cellophane bag.