Are you aware of the ongoing revolution in architecture due to Virtual reality (VR)? Currently, the use of VR is limited among the architectural community due to a lack of awareness. But the days are not far when virtual reality will be omnipresent during the presentation and the architectural visualization & designing stage.
Virtual reality, along with real-time 3D rendering, helps clients gauge the scale and depth of your design from different perspectives. Let’s do a deep dive into the positive impact of virtual reality on architecture, its benefits, and future scenario.
Positive Impact of Virtual Reality on Architecture
Virtual reality is still in the developmental stage. It has various advantages to offer you that traditional 3D rendering methods lack. VR is evolving to enrich architecture with better speed, altering options in design on a real-time basis and the graphics quality.
Virtual reality is instrumental in both the presentation and designing of architecture. The envision of the project becomes more accurate for both designer and the end-user through virtual reality. However, architects need to be aware of too much information about the project reaching the client before its full formation.
Benefits Virtual Reality Brings to Architecture
Architecture firms using virtual reality enjoy an advanced level of working and client experience. Following are some of the direct benefits of actively using virtual reality.
- You get a distinct competitive edge by presenting your ideas through VR. It gives your impression of a next-gen architect who knows the latest trends and technologies and gives a big boost for architecture marketing when used as an advantage.
- Your clients get a real-time experience of walking into every room, feeling the space, and visualizing how the final product will look. Recorded 3d rendered videos and animations don’t provide this experience.
- Virtual reality allows a multi-user interface for architectural visualization and designing purposes. The errors during the designs can be rectified swiftly in this way.
- The influence of virtual reality on architecture design can also be clearly seen. When you look through the VR, you see different design factors such as functionality, environment, etc. Early detection of any such loopholes saves time and money in rectifying them.
- The end-users can also dynamically provide suggestions for improvement during the designing process through virtual reality if you’ve kept it interactive.
- One of the underrated advantages of virtual reality is that the clients enjoy the show! Everyone’s inner child gets joyous after putting on VR goggles.
The Future of Virtual Reality in the Field of Architecture
If you are already impressed with what virtual reality can accomplish for architecture, you must know that this is just the beginning. The technology is still in its evolving stage. VR needs to travel a long way and go through numerous improvements before becoming as common as email communication is today.
Currently, Virtual reality is getting recognition as an extraordinary tool for architects. Experts predict that it will graduate to become an integral part of designing and architectural visualization in the future. Many aspects like construction, the collaboration between different departments, quality control, and client experience will be immensely optimized through virtual reality.
Rahul Agarwal is the Co-founder & Chief Business Officer at Styldod, where he has taught a computer to do interior design! Styldod provides the most hassle-free & inexpensive virtual staging solutions for real estate agents so they can sell their listings faster, and for higher prices. Rahul was also a co-founder of Mebelkart. He pushes the boundaries with his innovative entrepreneurial stints and is also a sound startup investor & advisor.