An irregular period is a common problem affecting women of all ages. In general, a regular menstrual cycle should last for 28 days. Due to irregular periods, the length of the menstrual cycle keeps changing. During irregular periods, sometimes, they may come early, and painful, and other times they last longer than they should. Having an irregular menstrual cycle can signal various health problems such as infertility, but sometimes they could be a result of diet and lifestyle changes. Here, we’ve put together some tips on how to control irregular periods with Ashokarishta, which is an Ayurvedic tonic known for improving women’s health.
Women with this struggle always search for natural ways on how to control irregular periods. well, look no more! Ashokarishta is one such Ayurvedic tonic that is known to treat irregular periods along with many issues related to menstruation. Now before moving on, let’s find out the main causes of irregular periods.
Main Causes of Irregular Periods
Here are some of the most common causes of irregular periods:
- Physical stress
- Psychological stress
- Medication side effects
- Family history of irregular menstruation
What is Ashokarishta?
Ashokarishta is an Ayurveda medicine used in the treatment of various problems such as heavy menstruation, gynecological problems, and specifically for irregular periods. There is an herbal active ingredient present in it, such as alcohol which is generated on its own and is approximately 5% to 10%. Basically, Ashokarishta got its name after a tree known as the Ashoka tree. It is effectively used since ancient times.
Ashoka is known for its use for therapy on diseases such as uterine, genitals, and other reproduction-related disorders in women. It is said that it is useful in toning the uterus and enhancing elasticity. This is a wonder tonic that is strongly recommended for the physical health and the well-being of every woman.
Ashokarishta is useful in many ailments including:
- Treatment of painful menstruation
- Painful periods with heavy bleeding
- Bleeding disorders such as bleeding hemorrhoids and nasal bleeding
- Treatment of fever
- Weight Loss
- Lack of taste
- Mid-cycle Spotting
If your periods last for 6 days or more and you experience heavy bleeding, or you have early menstrual periods, then Ashokarishta is very helpful for regulating your period. Menstrual periods may also be regular or irregular but comes before its due date. Ashokarishta is known to balance the Pitta doshas due to the presence of herbal ingredients in it and also removes the AMA doshas, i.e. harmful toxins from the body.
Continue reading to learn how to control irregular periods with Ashokarishta.
How to use Ashokarishta
Ashokarishta It is prescribed to someone who is suffering from severe bleeding, short menstrual cycle, or heavy menstrual bleeding. It is not suggested to use it in prolonged cycles as it can result in a negative effect.
Doctors generally prescribe 5-10 ml of Ashokarishta once or twice a day. You must not consume Ashokarishta on an empty stomach as it may be less beneficial. Ashokarishta must be consumed after your meals, preferably after breakfast or dinner. You can mix it in an equal amount of water and then consume it. Doing this will prevent any kind of irritation in your stomach as it balances the mixture. You must understand that the medicine works efficiently if consumed along with a healthy diet.
How Long Should You Use it for?
The time period differs according to the severity of the problem.
- For the case of normal fever or anorexia, the doctor will prescribe it for 4-8 weeks.
- If it is a case of heavy periods it will be prescribed to use during the periods and use it till the period lasts.
- For the case of a very heavy menstrual period, you should start using it before one week of the periods and consume it till the period lasts.
- If the periods are heavy and are near menopause or fibroids, it is prescribed to use it for 4–5 months.
When Not to Use Ashokarishta
During pregnancy and lactation
It is better not to use it while pregnancy but a little dose or said lower dose can be consumed if prescribed by the particular field specialty doctor.
While Using Other Medicines
It is safe to use Ashokarishta while using other medicines as well but the following points must be considered while using it:
1. If you are using it with allopathic medicine it can get mixed with herbal medicine and can be a reason for side effects. In such a case one should maintain a specific difference in time for consuming it. The herbal medicine should be consumed first and after half an hour of the allopathic medicine can be consumed so that no mixture takes place and ultimately you don’t have any side effects
2. When taking Ashokarishta with homeopathic medicine, it will be totally fine as it is totally herbal and no side effects will occur even if you mix both types of medicines.
3. If you are taking the medicine with dietary supplements, there will be no issues, in fact, it will be of benefit to the body. But if you are consuming more than one product a day, consulting a doctor will be appropriate.
Following are the herbal ingredients present in Ashokarishta:
- Ashoka Bark
- Dhataki Flowers
- Mustak Roots
- Ginger Rhizome
- Utpala Flowers
- Indian Gooseberry
- Mango Seeds
- Cumin Seeds
Generally, Ashokarishta is safe to consume and does not show any side effects if taken under the supervision of an Ayurvedic doctor. But if you have accidentally taken an overdose of the health tonic, you might experience some issues such as high blood pressure, irregular menstrual cycle, low blood sugar level, burning sensation in the stomach, acid reflux, vomiting or nausea, indigestion, etc.
Ashokarishta is an Ayurvedic medicine used widely to treat several gynecological diseases and menstrual problems. For this very reason, it is also known as a ‘Natural Friend’ for women. There is no doubt, it provides good hormonal balance as well as improves reproductive health too but always remember that these herbal medicines work well when coupled with a healthy, active lifestyle and lots of hard work and exercise.
How to Control Irregular Periods with Ashokarishta: If you found this article useful, do share it with your friends and family members. Also, let us know in the comments if you have any queries related to irregular periods or Ashokarishta.