Roofs are one of the major parts of the house. It should be all well maintained and coated properly. The proper maintenance of the roof is very important. Coating the roof protects it from harmful environmental effects like UV rays. Coatings and maintenance of the roof can be done by yourself, or you can hire any Professionals for this purpose.
In the market, different types of coatings are done on the roofs according to the roof’s requirements and condition. However, in the list of the coatings, the silicone coating is on the top list because silicone coatings are very durable and are cost-effective.
Coating the roof is an effective method to replace the entire roof. However, this website https://www.koalaroofingco.com says before getting your roof coating, you should keep in mind the location of your house, condition of the roof, slope, heat exposure, chemicals, and UV radiations.
Silicone roof coatings:
- Silicone coating is effective so that you don’t need any primer coating on your roof before the silicone coating.
- Silicone coatings are very durable. Silicon coatings stand all the hazardous effects of the Weather. Like heavy rainfall, storms, dust, and do not get brittle. Secondly, coatings do not get hard easily. It means they last you for a very long time.
- Suppose there is an issue with the water bonding on your roof; silicone coating help with that. In addition, silicone coatings do not cause any corrosion on your roofs, thus enhancing the life of the roof coating.
- One of the major drawbacks of silicone coating is there they are moisture curd. It means the moisture in the environment can stimulate this process.
- Silicone coatings do not resist dust properly. It means they are more prone to attract dust, and their reflective properties lose with time. So you need to re-touch up your coating after a specific period.
Acrylic roof coatings:
Acrylic roof coating is also an old effective Method of coating the roofs. These paints are water-based and are very effective. Due to their water-based properties, these acrylic paints are very effective against weather conditions and withstand all the hazardous environmental effects.
These paints are highly sensitive to temperature. Acrylic coatings should be applied on areas with a temperature range of about 50 degrees or above. Proper maintenance of the color should be done over time.
- Acrylic roof coatings are very good against the Damage of ultraviolet radiations. This type of coating suits best on the sloped roofs.
- One of the main reasons to recommend acrylic roof paintings is that these coatings Resist all the Climatic changes means these are very versatile. From the heavy rain falling to the Ultraviolet radiations and storms, these paints protect the roof against all harsh weather conditions.
- Due to the versatility of these paints, these coatings are recommended in all four season areas.
- These coatings are very reflective, so they reflect all the harmful ultraviolet radiations from the sun and keep the roof cool during summers.
- These coatings lose their effectiveness with time, so you need to touch them up after time that might be costly.
- Acrylic coatings cannot handle the problem of water pounding. Therefore, if there is an issue with water ponding on your roof, you should consider an alternative coating method.
Polyurethane roof coatings:
These coatings are impact-resistant coatings. The polyurethane roof coatings handle the roof traffic more precisely than other roof coatings. There are two different types of these coatings aliphatic and aromatic coatings.
Aliphatic coatings are slightly more expensive than aromatic coatings. In addition, aromatic coatings are not stable as aliphatic coatings.
- In order to archive the best results out of your coatings, aromatic coatings should be done on the base and the aliphatic ones on the top. In this way, the coating becomes more durable and provides high protection against water ponding.
- Keep the roof cool in hot summery weather.
- These coatings remain clean and white for a long period.
- The aliphatic and aromatic coatings are more expensive than acrylic and silicone coatings.
- These coatings have more odor than other roof coatings.
Coating the roof is a long-term investment. If you coat your roof with cheap paints, it will not be durable, and coating will damage in a short period. Always invest in high-quality roof coatings that last you at least 10 years. Every type of coating will not suit your roof. Always coat the roof according to the requirements of the roof.
If professionals do the coating with high-quality paints, you will forget about the maintenance and repair of the roof.