The mattress plays an important role in a goodnight’s sleep. A mattress is a long-term investment, and you want to make sure you get your money’s worth. If your mattress is wearing out quickly, there are several steps you take to properly maintain it. If you’re unsure how to do this, don’t fret! Here are some tips on how to ensure you’ll sleep soundly for years to come.
1. Rotate your mattress every few months
This will help to prevent body imprints and sagging. Most manufacturers recommend regularly flipping or rotating your mattress every three to six months.
2. Use a mattress protector
A good mattress protector will keep your mattress clean and dry, and it can also extend its lifespan. Be sure to wash your mattress protector regularly.
3. Vacuum your mattress regularly
This will help to remove dust mites and other allergens.
4. Spot clean spills immediately
If you spill something on your mattress, clean it up right away. Use mild soap and cool water. Avoid using hot water, as this can set stains.
5. Don’t allow pets on the bed
Pets can carry dirt and allergens, and their nails can damage the fabric of your mattress.
6. Don’t jump on the bed
Jumping on the bed can damage the springs and other internal components. If you want to have fun on your bed, invest in a trampoline.
7. Replace your mattress every seven to 10 years
Even with proper care, mattresses don’t last forever. Most experts recommend replacing your mattress every seven to 10 years. If you start to experience back pain or other sleep problems, it may be time for a new mattress.
By following these tips, you can help to extend the lifespan of your mattress and ensure years of comfortable sleep.
Can bedsheets and Covers protect the mattress?
Yes, bedsheets and covers can help to protect your mattress from spills and stains. They can also extend their lifespan by keeping dust and dirt from accumulating. Be sure to wash them regularly, though, as they can also collect allergens and other debris.
How to Clean Your Mattress?
It’s important to keep your mattress clean to prevent dust mites, allergens, and other debris from accumulating.
Here are 5 ways to clean your mattress
- Vacuum it regularly. Use the upholstery attachment on your vacuum to clean the top and sides of your mattress.
- Spot clean spills immediately. Use mild soap and cool water to clean any spots or stains on your mattress.
- Don’t allow pets on the bed. Pets can carry dirt, allergens, and other debris on their fur.
- Don’t jump on the bed. Jumping on the bed can damage the springs and other internal components.
- Replace your mattress every seven to 10 years. Even with proper care, mattresses don’t last forever. Most experts recommend replacing your mattress every seven to 10 years.
It is important to keep your mattress clean in order to prevent dust mites, allergens, and other debris from accumulating. Vacuuming regularly and spot-cleaning spills immediately can help to prolong the life of your mattress. Additionally, not allowing pets on the bed and avoiding jumping on the bed will also help to keep your mattress in good condition.
Alex Grogoyan is a Professional Home Improvement and Lifestyle Writer. He has been in the industry for over 6 years and has been writing for Chique Home Living since 2019. His work has been featured in popular platforms such as Spruce Home, Better Homes & Garden, and more.