Summers are the time when you need to take a lot of care of your lawn. The hot and drought temperatures bake your lawn in the heat. On top of that, the increased traffic and pests can worsen the situation by multiplying and spreading diseases. Consequently, turning your lawn dry and brown. Preventing such a situation needs some strategic watering and moving practices to keep the grass green from spring to fall. Here are some tips that can help you keep your lawn green all summer long.
What are the reasons that result in the fading color of your lawn?
When there are extreme weather changes quickly, from cool to wet in the spring, hot in the summers, and dry in the fall, it results in dry grounds leaving your lawn brown. As mentioned here, https://kleencutirrigation.com/choosing-a-sprinkler-company/, when combined with other factors it results in an unhealthy lawn, losing it’s green color. Things that you should avoid that can cause the grass to lose its color include:
- Inappropriate Watering: If you are watering your lawn too frequently or very lightly, it can prevent the roots from being waterlogged. Also, if you water them in the evening, there are chances that the water can evaporate.
- Improper Mowing: Mowing the grass of your lawn too long or short deteriorates the health of the turf. For example, when the grass is short, it prevents the roots from developing. Therefore, the experts advise that one should not cut more than one-third of the length of the grass.
- The Insects and Disease: Rise in the number of the pests or the diseases in the warmer months cause brown spots in the grass. And, the worst part is that they do not go with regular watering.
- More Traffic: Activities such as animals entering into the yard, workers coming and going, vehicular traffic, children playing on the lawn, etc. put stress on your lawn’s turf. As a result, your lawn loses its healthy appearance.
Now, you know about the factors that are responsible for an unhealthy lawn. But, you don’t have to worry. You can make your lawn green even during the hottest weather. To keep your lawn beautiful all season long you can consider following these tips consistently:
- Watering Habits: Proper watering is one of the most important things that you need to take care of. It prevents dormancy and provides assistance in developing the deep roots. For the best results, you can water in the morning. While doing this pay attention to where the water is going. Also, do water in the rain and avoid using hot water.
- Keep the grass longer: Keeping long grass helps in the formation of longer roots, reading moisture in the soil. Also, it does not get dry quickly and is better protected by the longer blades.
- Feeding your lawn: Just like you, your lawn also needs a source of food to stay healthy. When you provide them with the nutrients, it protects your turf from getting burned. It takes approximately seven weeks for the microbes to process the nutrients in the soil. Therefore, it is important to fertilize them regularly.
These are some of the methods that you can use to keep your lawn green. Other methods such as aerating your lawn, watching for wear and tear, trying new varieties of grass, etc will help the grass from turning brown.